In line with the requirements of the COVID lockdown announced today, the clubhouse including boat storage is closed from 8:00pm Thursday, August 5, for 7 days, presumably reopening on Friday August 15. Key fobs will be turned off during this period.
We are assuming that personal sailing and boarding activities will be permitted as part of your daily 2 hour exercise, within 5km of your home, but this needs to be confirmed so please ensure you are aware of the specific restrictions when available from the Vic Government.
A reminder that anyone attending ESC must register using the QR code, irrespective of the length of the visit.
COVID Restrictions – ESC Open Again July 28th 2021
In line with the announced Vic Government regulations, the COVID restrictions on club activities will change from 23:59 on Tuesday July 27. These restrictions are expected to be in place for the next 2 weeks:
- ESC ground floor and deck will be open again and key fobs turned on.
- QR code MUST be used to register your visit to ESC, any area, irrespective of the length of time at the club. Do not attend if feeling unwell.
- Face masks must be worn indoors and outdoors unless a Vic Gov exception applies.
- Members attending the club will have to self-manage to ensure compliance with the people limits inside and outside the club. Maximum group size is 10, inside and outside. Area limits are: boat storage 10, male changerooms 10, female changerooms 6, workshop 1, manager’s office 2.
- No guests permitted at present due to the restrictions on the number of people permitted in the club building.
- The manager will work from ESC when required. Meetings in the manager’s office are limited to 2 people including the manager.
- Venue hires are possible however significant restrictions on hospitality group sizes and the requirement for seated service will likely result in minimal hall hire.
CLUB CLOSURE FROM MIDNIGHT THURSDAY JULY 15 FOR 5 DAYS
In line with the requirements of the COVID lockdown announced yesterday, the clubhouse including boat storage is closed from midnight Thursday July 15, for 5 days, reopening on Wednesday July 21. Key fobs are turned off during this period.
Note that exercise is permitted for 2 hours a day within 5km from your home, with one other person only or members of your household. At the time of writing we have no specific information on sailing/windsurfing/SUP, and suggest members consult the Vic Gov/DHHS websites. We will advise when we have any further information.
Face masks must be worn outdoors at all times, and must also be worn indoors at all times except at home.
A reminder that anyone attending ESC must register using the QR code, irrespective of the length of the visit.
ESC COVID Restrictions Update 16th June 2021
In line with the Vic Government COVID regulation changes on June 17 and 24, the COVID restrictions relating to club activities have changed:
What has Changed:
- QR code MUST be used to register your visit, irrespective of the length of time at the club. Using your key fob for entry and assuming that this complies with regulations is NOT correct.
- No limit on the distance you may travel to attend ESC.
- Face masks: must be carried at all times and worn inside unless a Vic Gov exception applies. Should be worn outside where 1.5m distancing cannot be achieved.
- Competitive sailing, boating, and boarding are permitted.
- Maximum of 50 persons inside the ground floor: boat storage 30, male changerooms 10, female changerooms 6, workshop 1, manager’s office 2.
- Changeroom showers are open
- Deck is open for max 32 people at a time. Register using the QR code. Clean up and lock the gate after use.
- Venue hires are possible with some restrictions.
What has not changed:
- Do not attend if feeling unwell.
- If you have symptoms of coronavirus, get tested and then stay at home until you have your negative test result.
- Use hand sanitizer on entry and exit.
- First floor and tower are closed.
- Members attending the club will have to self-manage to ensure compliance with the people caps inside and outside the club.
- Shared equipment such as club boats, SUP, paddles, are to be cleaned before and after use.
URGENT COVID UPDATE FRIDAY FEB 12THAs a result of the stage 4 lock down annouced to day the club will be close from 11.59 Friday Feb 12th and reopen on Thursday 18th
Access is not permitted during this period and the manager will work from home.Face Masks to be Worn Indoors ESC from Jan 4th
Covid Club Update 4th Feb 2021
From 11:59pm February 3 masks are mandatory in public indoor spaces except when eating or drinking. Anyone not wearing a mask will be denied entry unless one of the following lawful excuses applies:
There are a few lawful excuses for not wearing a face mask in settings where a face mask is mandatory, such as illness or disability. Other reasons a person may choose not to wear a mask include where the person is:
- under 12 years of age
- a student at a primary school or outside school hours care
- in the process of being married
- a professional sportsperson when training or competing
- engaged in any strenuous physical exercise
Access to 1st Floor and Deck from Jan 30, 2021
From January 30 the 1st floor hall will be opened on race days, with the bar open from approx. 4:00 to 6:15pm. Members and their guests will be able to use the 1st floor hall, bathrooms, and deck. This access is restricted to race days because of the extensive cleaning requirements before and after any use of indoor areas. The kitchen remains closed.
Members can also use the deck on other (non-race) days, using the outside stairs on the north-west (angling club) side. The gate can be opened using the key which will be kept wooden key ring hung beside the hose reel. Cleaning wipes and hand sanitiser will be provided on the deck, and members are requested to wipe down surfaces and equipment they have used. Rubbish must be removed, and the BBQ cleaned if used. Please note that members will only be permitted to bring guests to the deck area on race days.
Members requiring special access to the 1st floor or tower, for any reason, will need to contact Amanda, our manager, to arrange access and agree cleaning requirements.
Everyone going into the club or using the deck must use the QR code (preferred) or complete the attendance register provided in the ground floor boat storage entrance. Guests must also be signed in using the visitor’s book.
A reminder that guests are limited to 6 persons per day, signed in by a full member (senior member, family membership, senior student, life).
Club Operations – “COVIDsafe Summer” – Dec 11, 2021
The new COVIDsafe Summer restrictions allow us to return to more normal operations for sailing related activities, although some restrictions still apply. Restrictions and requirements for venue hire are being finalised, with events planned to start in early January.
Restrictions affecting member’s use of the clubhouse are now:
- You must carry a face mask with you when you leave home.
- Wearing a face mask is only mandatory on public transport, while in taxis or ride share vehicles, or when going to large retail venues.
- Wearing a face mask is strongly recommended indoors and outdoors when you cannot keep 1.5 metres distance from other people
- Health requirements to attend the club have not changed.
- Everyone attending the club MUST complete the attendance register or the QR code.
- Capacities of the ground floor spaces have doubled: boat storage 60, male changerooms 25, female 17.
Revised Restrictions on Ground Floor Areas 1st Dec 2020
Restrictions on the number of people allowed in the ground floor areas have been relaxed. The new restrictions are:
Boat storage 30. Changing rooms including bathroom areas are male 13, female 8.
It is mandatory that EVERYONE attending the club fills in the attendance register and provides contact details, or uses the QR code provided. Anyone going racing should also complete the race sign-on/off sheet as normal. The race management volunteer sign-on sheet has been discontinued.
Face masks must be worn inside the building.
COVID Nov 1st, 2020
Club Access – Step 3
From Sunday November 1 increased access to the ground floor area will be permitted. A maximum of 10 persons at a time are permitted in the boat storage area, 6 in the male change rooms including the bathroom, and 3 in the female area. No working on boats in the boat storage area. The 1st floor clubhouse and outside deck remain closed. The tower is closed except for race management support.
Outside groups are to be a maximum of 10 persons for any purpose. Masks are to be worn at ALL TIMES unless when sailing alone or sailing with someone from your house of residence. Maintain 1.5m distancing at all times.
Keeping to the permitted numbers inside and outside is going to require everyone to count and to “police” compliance. Change rooms are going to be a bottleneck: please minimise use and do not use the showers unless necessary.
No double-handed sailing unless with a someone from your house of residence.
Please read and understand the following requirements. It is important that we comply, for the health of all, and to avoid any issues with non-compliance. Activity at ESC is VERY visible to the hundreds of cameras walking past the club!
- Health Requirements
- Do not attend if unwell or subject to isolation or quarantine requirements, have been in direct contact with a COVID-19 case, or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Notify the club manager if you are a confirmed COVID-19 case and have been at the Club either in the 48 hours before symptoms were shown, or at any time while infected.
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5m and group size limits.
- Comply with displayed enclosed space capacities.
- Masks are always to be worn, except when sailing alone or with someone from your place of residence. You are recommended to arrive with 2 face masks and a sealable bag.
- Preparation to Attend the Club
- Sailing must be completed within 25km of home.
- Bring your own food and drink.
- Attendance for social activities only is not recommended.
- Accessible Areas
- Areas accessible to general members: outside boat storage, inside boat storage, ground floor changerooms and bathrooms. Tower accessible only to support racing.
- Closed areas: Managers office and foyer, first floor clubroom, kitchen, bar, outside deck.
- Access to Boat Storage Area
- No more than 10 people in the inside storage area at a time.
- Enter through the front sliding door. Key fob must be used to enter for the first time in a day, even if the door is open at the time. Door to be closed after removing and returning your boat unless other members are inside.
- Use the hand-sanitiser provided inside the entrance.
- Sign-on and sign-off inside the entrance. Available pen must be cleaned before and after use with the hand sanitiser or wipes available.
- Clean what you use.
- Maintain social distancing. Fitted mask to be worn while on land.
- No work or rigging is permitted on boats while inside.
- Outside boat storage area limited to 6 persons.
- Access to Ground Floor Change Rooms and Bathrooms
- No more than 6 people at a time in the male changeroom/bathroom. Only 2 showers to operate.
- No more than 3 people at a time in the female changeroom/bathroom.
- Rigging and Sailing
- Masks are always to be worn except when sailing alone or with a member of your place of residence. You are recommended to arrive with 2 face masks and a sealable bag.
- Outside gatherings or groups are limited to 10 people. Groups to be separated by 1.5m.
- Rig only outside, and away from the club entrances. Keep access paths and entrances clear.
- Areas for rigging on race days are shown on the notice board.
- Single-handed sailing is permitted. Double-handed sailing is not permitted unless both persons are 18 years or younger or are from the same place of residence.
- Club SUPs and single-handed boats can be used, subject to prior agreement with and supervision of the Class representative (refer to Club By-Laws). All club equipment must be hosed clean and the paddle handle and other touch points wiped with the wipes provided after use
- Wash your boat and equipment after use.
- “Social racing” starts on Sunday this weekend, continuing on Saturdays when possible, and will likely continue until the end of the year. No race results or storage points: just sail for enjoyment!
- The race will be managed by volunteers: please consider volunteering, all are welcome.
- Normal sign-on and sign-off requirements apply.
- This Sunday Nov 1 there will be an outside briefing for race volunteers at 11:15, followed by a general briefing at 11:30 and race start at 1:00 pm. Please attend this briefing if you intend to sail.
- Briefings will occur outside the front of the clubhouse. Members to be in groups of 10 persons maximum, with groups separated by 1.5m, as directed by the Race Officer.
- The limit for sailing is 15 knots, subject to availability of volunteers.
Covid Oct 19, 2020
No Change to ESC Access for the Time Being
The changes to COVID regulations announced on Sunday are a little different to what had been foreshadowed, but do not change the restrictions in place on access to ESC. We will let you know if the DHHS and AS give any further guidance and direction that changes this view. Summarising the announcements from an ESC perspective:
- No time limit on leaving home for exercise.
- Exercise must be completed within 25km of home.
- Outdoor group limit is 10 from 2 households (i.e. 2 unrelated people).
- 2-person boat sailing is not permitted.
- Social distancing, mask, health requirements unchanged.
Members need to continue with the Step 2 requirements for accessing the storage area for removal of boats and boards for sailing:
- Face masks required on land and maintain social distancing.
- Do not attend if unwell or subject to quarantine requirements.
- No more than 2 people in the storage area at a time.
- Enter the front sliding door using your key fob to register, whether the door is open or closed. Door to be closed after removing your boat.
- Use the hand sanitizer on entry. Sign-in and sign out.
- No access to change rooms or bathrooms. No changing in the boat storage area: arrived prepared.
- Clean down common surfaces after use. Clean what you use.
- Boat removal and return to storage can only be done by yourself and one other person.
- Rigging must be done outside, and away from the club entrances.