Elwood Sailing Club has a proud history of recreational and competitive sailing for monohulls and catamarans with easy access from Melbourne suburbs, favourable sailing through the season and fresh summer breezes for Windsurfing. Races and Training are held on Saturdays from October to Easter supported by our race and rescue patrol. We host international, national and state title events. To become a member, learn to sail, or hire the facilities for a function don't hesitate to contact us.
Book now Sat 21st May
Photos and videos from FreekContinue reading
Unfortunately we need to delay again the HYGM (Half Year General Meeting).
The new date is Thursday April 7th, starting at 7:30pm at the club.
Apologies for this second change in date!
Steps to take if a anyone attending the club or staff member is confirmed to have COVID-19:
- Isolate: Ensure the person concerned does not attend ESC while infected
- Inform: Contact the Manager Amanda Innes, or the Secretary/COVID Officer David Wilkinson. Should a staff member, independent contractor, employee of the independent contractor, or self-employed person receive a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis and have attended the Club during the infectious period, then WorkSafe Victoria must be immediately notified on 132360 or online: https://www.myworksafe.vic.gov.au/s/covid-19?_ga=2.256378504.2084496134.1641430066-2118039685.1641430066
- Identify and Inform Possible Contacts:
- Note that attendance at the club while positive does NOT mean that people at the club are close contacts: contacts at the club are “All Other Contacts” in the description of contacts provided above.
- Manager to request, and assist if needed, the member who reports attendance at the club in their infectious period to notify their sailing partner or other members who they spent time with at the club.
- Inform all members via email and the website that a person attended the club while COVID positive. Provide details of the visit without identifying the person, and advise members to monitor for symptoms if they were present at the same time.
- Clean: A deep clean is not required if a confirmed COVID-19 person or employee has attended the club or workplace. Clean touch surfaces etc per normal. If a number of employees have confirmed COVID-19, contacted the DHHS for advice on the need for a deep clean.
Anyone aged 8 and above is required to wear a mask when inside any part of ESC, unless a legal exception applies such as when consuming food or drink.
No guests or sail passes at present inside the club, or using the club equipment.
Please feel free to use the deck with other members for a BBQ, picnic, or BYO.
- Check the newsletter to see whether an event is planned at the time you plan to use the deck: the deck is not accessible at the time of an event.
- Members only at the moment: no guests. Small groups only, no parties!
- Check-in with the QR code
- Unlock and lock the side gate using the key hanging near the storage area sliding door
- Kitchen and first floor closed except on race days
- Alcohol can only be consumed in the licensed hours: 1pm – 11pm.
- In line with Covid hospitality requirements you are recommend to wear a mask when handling food and cooking for other members
- BBQ temperature gauges are fitted: when BBQ reaches 165 C it is safe to cook on
- Please clean-up thoroughly and follow the BBQ cleaning instructions
- Enjoy the view!
- Lock-up when you leave
The Elwood Sailing Club is pleased to invite all International A Class and Paper Tiger sailors to the 2022 Lightning Regatta to be held at Elwood on 12 and 13 February 2022. The event will incorporate the 2022 State Championship for the Victorian Paper Tiger Catamaran Association (VPTCA). Entries are now open!
The Notice of Race (NOR), including instructions on how to enter the regatta, can be found here NOR. A copy of the NOR can also be found on the ‘2022 Lightning Regatta (ESC)’ regatta page on SailorApp. This page will be the offical online notice board for the regatta.
For further information please call James Wreford (A Class coordinator) on 0437 463 810 or Mike Wold (Paper Tiger coordinator) on 0404 724 502.
We look forward to welcoming you to the regatta.
Yesterday’s announcement of significantly reduced COVID restrictions means it will be simpler to operate as a club and for hall hire functions. However a number of restrictions have not changed.
What has changed:
* Masks no longer required inside the club except for hospitality staff
* No requirement to be seated inside for food or drink service
* No density restrictions limiting the number of people in a given space
* Reduced implications for ESC in the event a COVID-positive person attends ESC (details not yet sighted).
* You may dance inside and outside if the moment feels right for you, and your children are not watching.
What has not changed:
* ESC policy is that any member aged from 12 years and 2 months must show proof of full vaccination, or legal medical exemption, to the manager in order to enter the club building at any time, or participate in race duties. A reminder to all members to do this by the November 24 deadline please, or contact the manager to discuss membership options.
* It is a legal requirement that anyone attending a hospitality event must show proof of full vaccination to a COVID marshal, or a legal medical exemption. Full vaccination requirements apply from 12 years and 2 months of age. This is required for the Club bar or food service, and any other Club or hall hire hospitality event. The Club bar will not open after racing until anyone already in the hall has been confirmed to comply with the vaccination requirements, and the volunteer COVID marshal will check all members who subsequently enter.
* After Nov 24 we will review the present club restrictions on visitors and sail-pass.