Elwood Sailing Club has a proud history of recreational and competitive sailing for monohulls and catamarans with easy access from Melbourne suburbs, favourable sailing through the season and fresh summer breezes for Windsurfing. Races and Training are held on Saturdays from October to Easter supported by our race and rescue patrol. We host international, national and state title events. To become a member, learn to sail, or hire the facilities for a function don't hesitate to contact us.
Attached is a copy of the Duty Roster up to the end of December 2022. Please check the roster and make a note of the days which you have been rostered on.
If you are unable to attend your rostered day, then it is your responsibility to arrange a swap, and notify the following people. The earlier the swap can be arranged, the better.
- Your Class Rep
- Duty Roster Manager – Paul Stamp – email@example.com
- Club Manager – Amanda – firstname.lastname@example.org
You can use the Sailor App to see all members who have been rostered on. This is located within the ‘Member’s Only – Duty Roster’ section of the Sailor App.
You also have the ability to contact a member via this section to help with arranging a duty swap.
We will once again be using the Sailor App to manage the racing operations of the club. This includes, the Sign On and Sign Off procedure. It will be the same as in previous years.
For our new members, then please read the attached document for how to setup and register the Sailor App on your phone. You will need to do this before you can Sign On for your first race.
If you have any trouble or questions with the Sailor App, then please let Paul (email@example.com) know.
Click on the links below for duty roster and Sailor App Instructions
We are moving to be a cashless club, where all money transactions will be paid by credit/debit card, EFTPOS, or a prepaid card which can be purchased from the club. This includes all membership and storage fees, bar and canteen purchases, race fees, SailPass etc. Very few transactions at the club are now paid in cash, mainly just a few bar purchases, and this change will remove the need for the club to carry cash and to do the accounting and bank trips that cash operations require. Details about the prepaid ESC bar card will be provided shortly.
From Monday to Friday the 1st floor is closed to members as we have regular hall hires. The 1st floor is accessible on Saturdays for race days and Saturday evening when there are no events. (check the weekly newsletter for availability) Full access to members on Sundays unless there is a special event. Please note that the BBQ or deck area cannot be used if there is any event in the hall. Fobs will be activated to work on the front door from Monday18th July.
Advance Notice Of Zoom AGM
Because of the increasing infectiousness of COVID variants, and the increasing rate of infections in the community, the GC has decided that it would be prudent to hold the AGM an online zoom meeting.
We are planning to hold this year’s AGM on Friday September 2, at 7:00pm. Please put this important date in your diary. The AGM is where the committee provides an update on how the club is going and plans for the new year and beyond, and gives members an opportunity to give feedback and ask questions. The AGM also appoints the new committee: please consider if you would like to join the GC and help the club.
Annual Membership renewals are due for payment by 31st July 2022.
Click here to renew your membership and update personal details in RevSport. You will then be separately sent an invoice to pay.
If you experience issues with the process or wish to change your membership or other category, please contact our manager.
If you would like to discuss progressive payment of your fees over the next few months, please contact our manager, Amanda Innes. Any discussions will remain confidential. If no discussion is held with the manager on progressive payments, then a late fee of $50 will apply for renewal fees not paid by July 31.
Working With Children Check Required
A reminder that any member who is on a committee, or who is required or volunteers to do duty, must by law have a current Working With Children Check. Please contact the manager if you require assistance.
Photos and videos from FreekContinue reading
Steps to take if a anyone attending the club or staff member is confirmed to have COVID-19:
- Isolate: Ensure the person concerned does not attend ESC while infected
- Inform: Contact the Manager Amanda Innes, or the Secretary/COVID Officer David Wilkinson. Should a staff member, independent contractor, employee of the independent contractor, or self-employed person receive a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis and have attended the Club during the infectious period, then WorkSafe Victoria must be immediately notified on 132360 or online: https://www.myworksafe.vic.gov.au/s/covid-19?_ga=2.256378504.2084496134.1641430066-2118039685.1641430066
- Identify and Inform Possible Contacts:
- Note that attendance at the club while positive does NOT mean that people at the club are close contacts: contacts at the club are “All Other Contacts” in the description of contacts provided above.
- Manager to request, and assist if needed, the member who reports attendance at the club in their infectious period to notify their sailing partner or other members who they spent time with at the club.
- Inform all members via email and the website that a person attended the club while COVID positive. Provide details of the visit without identifying the person, and advise members to monitor for symptoms if they were present at the same time.
- Clean: A deep clean is not required if a confirmed COVID-19 person or employee has attended the club or workplace. Clean touch surfaces etc per normal. If a number of employees have confirmed COVID-19, contacted the DHHS for advice on the need for a deep clean.