The Annual General Meeting of Elwood Sailing Club Inc. will be held as an on-line “zoom” meeting on Thursday August 12th, from 7.00 – 9:00 pm.
We had hoped to hold the AGM at the clubhouse, however Vic Gov COVID restrictions in place from today on group sizes, with uncertainty about when these will change, mean that a meeting at the club is not practical.
This Notice contains information on the meeting and what you need to do if you wish to nominate a proxy, or nominate for the General Committee.
AGM Attendance and Proxy Form
To attend and vote at the AGM you must be a current financial member. Senior, Family Partner, Life, or Junior members are entitled to vote; Associate Members are not.
If you plan to attend the Zoom, please email email@example.com (David Wilkinson) by 2 days before the meeting.
If you do not plan to attend the meeting you may appoint another member as your proxy using an AGM Proxy Form (click for link). Please email your proxy to firstname.lastname@example.org , or hand or send by mail to the manager.
- Confirm attendance, proxies, quorum, and meeting agenda.
- Confirm Minutes of the 2020 AGM (click for link).
- Receive committee reports.
- Receive and consider the annual financial statements.
- Motions: In accordance with Club Rule 53.1
- Motion 1 – In addition to the five officer positions of the Association, this meeting approves the election of five ordinary members to the General Committee for the next year.
- Election of General Committee for 2021 – 2022.
- General Business.
- Close of meeting.
Note: The Treasurer will be providing an overview of the accounts at the AGM. If you would like to receive a confidential copy of last year’s financial statements in advance of the AGM, please email email@example.com. A copy will be sent when available.
Nominations for General Committee
The General Committee is planning to continue having 10 members: 3 Flag Officers (Commodore, Vice Commodore, Rear Commodore), Treasurer and Secretary, and 5 Ordinary Committee Members.
If you would like to be a member of GC you are welcome to nominate for any position. To be a committee member you must be a Senior, Family Partner, or Life member. If there is more than one nomination for each of the positions of Flag Officer, Treasurer and Secretary there will be an AGM secret ballot for that position to decide the matter. If there are more than 5 nominations for Ordinary Committee Member there will be a secret ballot at the AGM to decide the matter.
Please note that if you nominate to join the General Committee, you must meet the requirements in the club rules and be able to commit to monthly meetings and a workload for the club. To nominate, by August 10 please email to firstname.lastname@example.org a completed ESC General Committee Nomination Form (click for link). Alternatively, given the uncertainty of COVID restrictions and any printing/scanning issues, send an email to email@example.com stating your name, the position you are nominating for, and the names of your proposer and seconder. A member may propose themself. To avoid the potential complexity of running a secret ballot via Zoom during the meeting, it would be appreciated if nominations are provided earlier than 2 days before the meeting.
How to Join the Zoom Meeting
Internet access is required to join with Zoom audio and video.
Click on this link (or copy into your browser) from 6:45 pm onwards (the meeting will start at 7:00 pm):
[If required: Meeting ID: 749 399 9655 Passcode: 199470]
In the next screen click on ‘Open Zoom Meetings” in the dialogue box. If you do not see this, click on “Launch Meeting”: this will let you into the meeting.
Note: If you do NOT have internet access on your phone or pc and would like to call into the meeting using a phone, please call 03 7018 2005 or 02 8015 6011. Passcode: 199470. Only audio will be available to you. Please go on mute when you are not speaking.
Using Zoom Controls
- Move your mouse/cursor on the screen to see the zoom meeting icons. The icons show on the screen for about 3 seconds each time you do this.
- Click on ‘start video’ icon at the bottom of the screen. Click on “stop video” if you want to stop your camera working, click again to restart.
- Click on ‘Mute’ to mute yourself. Click on ‘Unmute’ if you want to speak, then ‘mute’ again while not speaking.
- Click on ‘participants” to see who is at the meeting. You can also “raise hand” under the list of participants.
- If your connection to the meeting stops, join again by following the same procedure
AGM Procedure using Zoom
- Ross Lloyd will be the Chair of the AGM.
- David Wilkinson will be “hosting” the zoom meeting.
- Please state your name when joining the meeting (unmute then mute)
- All attendees will be put on mute by the host when the meeting formally starts, but you can unmute yourself to speak.
- Asking a question:
- Questions will only be permitted at points nominated by the presenter.
- If you want to speak, please physically raise your arm so you can be seen! You can also click on “participants” then on the “raise hand” icon.