The Committee has reviewed the club’s COVID vaccination policy and strongly supports continuing with the requirement that members show proof of full vaccination to enter the clubhouse building. This requirement covers all 16+ members and visitors (12+ from November 24), with the exception of members who have an approved Australian Immunisation Register Medical Exemption form.
The Committee considers this policy provides the best protection for members, children who cannot yet get vaccinated and staff. It also provides the most flexibility for members to use the sailing-related areas as well as the overlapping licenced hospitality areas.
Some clubs have different policies, and we recognise and understand that there may members with different views about this policy, however we ask for your understanding. If you would like to discuss your membership options, please contact the manager.
Almost all sailing members have shown or provided their vaccination certificate, and their access key fobs have been turned on. The majority of members who have not yet done so are family partners and children, and social members, and we ask those members to either email a copy of their certificate, or show their digital certificate to our manager by Nov 24. Any certificate received by email will be destroyed after it has been sighted.
We will need to continue to have volunteer COVID marshals on race days to help ensure members vaccination certificates are registered with Amanda, and ensure compliance with the COVID requirements including entry to the bar area when open. The requirements include:
- Approved members must register using the QR code before entering the club, or sign the log on the storage desk entrance if you do not have a smart phone.
- No visitors and no Sail Pass at present due to the capacity limits and as we navigate through the vaccination certificate registration process.
- Face masks are mandatory when inside any area of the club except when seated for eating or drinking. It is recommended that sailors take a mask with them in a sealable bag when out sailing, so that the mask can be put back on to re-enter the boat storage area.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Clean shared equipment after use (SUPs, pens etc.).
- A limited number of people are permitted in each space based on the legal density limits:
- Manager’s office – please do not enter
- Storage area – 30 (please do not work on equipment inside)
- Male changing room/showers – 12
- Female changing room/showers – 6
- Hall – 74
- Deck – 60
- Committee room – 4 (short meetings only)
- Tower – 3
- Hall and Deck Use
- Due to the ongoing COVID cleaning requirements the hall will only be opened on race days, and will remain closed for casual use on other days.
- The deck will be open on race days, and also may be used on non-race days by entering via the outside steps using the key near the storage desk. QR registration is mandatory.
- Bar and Food Consumption
- Seated Service Only when in the hall. When the bar is open everyone in the hall must be seated unless ordering, returning to a table, going to the bathrooms, or leaving. Consumption of drink or food while standing is not permitted in the hall. Masks to be worn at all times unless seated for eating or drinking.
- When the bar is open drink may be taken to the deck and consumed with any BYO food without the need to be seated, and masks may be removed. We encourage members to move to the deck whenever possible.
- Welcome back to the club!