We are moving to be a cashless club, where all money transactions will be paid by credit/debit card, EFTPOS, or a prepaid card which can be purchased from the club. This includes all membership and storage fees, bar and canteen purchases, race fees, SailPass etc. Very few transactions at the club are now paid in cash, mainly just a few bar purchases, and this change will remove the need for the club to carry cash and to do the accounting and bank trips that cash operations require. Details about the prepaid ESC bar card will be provided shortly.
From Monday to Friday the 1st floor is closed to members as we have regular hall hires. The 1st floor is accessible on Saturdays for race days and Saturday evening when there are no events. (check the weekly newsletter for availability) Full access to members on Sundays unless there is a special event. Please note that the BBQ or deck area cannot be used if there is any event in the hall. Fobs will be activated to work on the front door from Monday18th July.
Advance Notice Of Zoom AGM
Because of the increasing infectiousness of COVID variants, and the increasing rate of infections in the community, the GC has decided that it would be prudent to hold the AGM an online zoom meeting.
We are planning to hold this year’s AGM on Friday September 2, at 7:00pm. Please put this important date in your diary. The AGM is where the committee provides an update on how the club is going and plans for the new year and beyond, and gives members an opportunity to give feedback and ask questions. The AGM also appoints the new committee: please consider if you would like to join the GC and help the club.
Annual Membership renewals are due for payment by 31st July 2022.
Click here to renew your membership and update personal details in RevSport. You will then be separately sent an invoice to pay.
If you experience issues with the process or wish to change your membership or other category, please contact our manager.
If you would like to discuss progressive payment of your fees over the next few months, please contact our manager, Amanda Innes. Any discussions will remain confidential. If no discussion is held with the manager on progressive payments, then a late fee of $50 will apply for renewal fees not paid by July 31.
Working With Children Check Required
A reminder that any member who is on a committee, or who is required or volunteers to do duty, must by law have a current Working With Children Check. Please contact the manager if you require assistance.
Photos and videos from Freek
Steps to take if a anyone attending the club or staff member is confirmed to have COVID-19:
- Isolate: Ensure the person concerned does not attend ESC while infected
- Inform: Contact the Manager Amanda Innes, or the Secretary/COVID Officer David Wilkinson. Should a staff member, independent contractor, employee of the independent contractor, or self-employed person receive a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis and have attended the Club during the infectious period, then WorkSafe Victoria must be immediately notified on 132360 or online: https://www.myworksafe.vic.gov.au/s/covid-19?_ga=2.256378504.2084496134.1641430066-2118039685.1641430066
- Identify and Inform Possible Contacts:
- Note that attendance at the club while positive does NOT mean that people at the club are close contacts: contacts at the club are “All Other Contacts” in the description of contacts provided above.
- Manager to request, and assist if needed, the member who reports attendance at the club in their infectious period to notify their sailing partner or other members who they spent time with at the club.
- Inform all members via email and the website that a person attended the club while COVID positive. Provide details of the visit without identifying the person, and advise members to monitor for symptoms if they were present at the same time.
- Clean: A deep clean is not required if a confirmed COVID-19 person or employee has attended the club or workplace. Clean touch surfaces etc per normal. If a number of employees have confirmed COVID-19, contacted the DHHS for advice on the need for a deep clean.
Anyone aged 8 and above is required to wear a mask when inside any part of ESC, unless a legal exception applies such as when consuming food or drink.
No guests or sail passes at present inside the club, or using the club equipment.
Please feel free to use the deck with other members for a BBQ, picnic, or BYO.
- Check the newsletter to see whether an event is planned at the time you plan to use the deck: the deck is not accessible at the time of an event.
- Members only at the moment: no guests. Small groups only, no parties!
- Check-in with the QR code
- Unlock and lock the side gate using the key hanging near the storage area sliding door
- Kitchen and first floor closed except on race days
- Alcohol can only be consumed in the licensed hours: 1pm – 11pm.
- In line with Covid hospitality requirements you are recommend to wear a mask when handling food and cooking for other members
- BBQ temperature gauges are fitted: when BBQ reaches 165 C it is safe to cook on
- Please clean-up thoroughly and follow the BBQ cleaning instructions
- Enjoy the view!
- Lock-up when you leave
Yesterday’s announcement of significantly reduced COVID restrictions means it will be simpler to operate as a club and for hall hire functions. However a number of restrictions have not changed.
What has changed:
* Masks no longer required inside the club except for hospitality staff
* No requirement to be seated inside for food or drink service
* No density restrictions limiting the number of people in a given space
* Reduced implications for ESC in the event a COVID-positive person attends ESC (details not yet sighted).
* You may dance inside and outside if the moment feels right for you, and your children are not watching.
What has not changed:
* ESC policy is that any member aged from 12 years and 2 months must show proof of full vaccination, or legal medical exemption, to the manager in order to enter the club building at any time, or participate in race duties. A reminder to all members to do this by the November 24 deadline please, or contact the manager to discuss membership options.
* It is a legal requirement that anyone attending a hospitality event must show proof of full vaccination to a COVID marshal, or a legal medical exemption. Full vaccination requirements apply from 12 years and 2 months of age. This is required for the Club bar or food service, and any other Club or hall hire hospitality event. The Club bar will not open after racing until anyone already in the hall has been confirmed to comply with the vaccination requirements, and the volunteer COVID marshal will check all members who subsequently enter.
* After Nov 24 we will review the present club restrictions on visitors and sail-pass.
Publication Date:11 November 2021
Please be advised that there is a change in the ESC Notice of Race 2021-0222. The change is to align the NOR with the Club’s COVID SAFE Plan. This is effective from the publication date of this letter.
The amendment is in the Rules Section and applies to Rule 1.4.
The old rules states:
1.4 The Elwood Sailing Club (Inc) reserves the right to refuse an entry.
The new rule states:
- The Elwood Sailing Club (Inc) reserves the right to refuse an entry. All competitors shall comply with the ESC COVIDSafe Plan, available from the ESC building and online at: Elwood Sailing Club (elwoodsc.com) Non-compliance with the requirements of the plan is subject to a protest by the Race Committee. Penalty for non-compliance will be a disqualification from the race, and potentially a cancellation of entry for all future races
The Committee has reviewed the club’s COVID vaccination policy and strongly supports continuing with the requirement that members show proof of full vaccination to enter the clubhouse building. This requirement covers all 16+ members and visitors (12+ from November 24), with the exception of members who have an approved Australian Immunisation Register Medical Exemption form.
The Committee considers this policy provides the best protection for members, children who cannot yet get vaccinated and staff. It also provides the most flexibility for members to use the sailing-related areas as well as the overlapping licenced hospitality areas.